Level 3/4 Teaching Assistant
Level 3/4 Teaching Assistant – Halton Lodge Primary School
Required From: 4th September 2023 (or as soon after as practically possible)
Grade: HBC Grade 3/4 (depending on experience)
Salary: SCP 5 – 11
£21,575 to £24,054
Halton Lodge Primary School
Tel: 01928 564053
Headteacher: Mr A Hilldrup
The Headteacher and Governors at Halton Lodge Primary School wish to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to support the learning of individuals and groups of children (under the direction of the class teacher). The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the skills and capabilities to support the learning needs of children in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, have strong and effective behavioural management strategies, have the ability to support children with social, emotional and mental health needs to self regulate, and demonstrate the ability to deliver highly effective academic and pastoral support intervention programmes.
Applicants may also wish to highlight in their application where their particular strengths would be. The ability to deliver ELSA sessions and a secure knowledge of Little Wandle Letters and Sounds would be desirable – but not essential (as the school would be able to provide the relevant training to anybody who demonstrated they have the ability and attributes to fulfil all other aspects of the role).
We are looking for somebody who can:
- effectively deliver academic and pastoral intervention programmes – that are proven to be successful and improve the educational outcomes of children and young people - by demonstrating strong subject knowledge, good organisational skills and excellent interpersonal skills;
- work alongside others to form an effective team;
- deliver phonics, reading, handwriting and spelling interventions with clarity and precision (following full fidelity to the schemes of work that the school utilises);
- deliver a range of mathematics interventions to a high standard (covering aspects of Number and Place Value, The Four Operations, Fractions (including Decimals and Percentages), Ratio & Proportion, Algebra, Measurement, Geometry and Statistics);
- be flexible and adaptable – working successfully alongside our class teachers, teaching assistants and 1:1 Learning Support Assistants;
- demonstrate they have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the KS1 and KS2 national curriculum (and what is required to achieve the expected standard and working at greater depth - especially in Reading, Writing, Mathematics and Science – at the end of both key stages);
- utilise this knowledge to support children to address any gaps in knowledge and/or misconceptions;
- establish good working relationships with pupils (and staff), act as a role model at all times and set high expectations;
- promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils – and understands how to ensure pupils with SEND achieve exceptionally well;
- support the delivery of learning activities and schemes of work and adapt activities according to pupils’ learning styles and individual needs;
- contribute to lesson planning, the evaluation of lessons and display of children’s work;
- use Seesaw to record children’s work and share this information with parents.
Applicants are invited to demonstrate that they meet the above criteria - plus all of the essential aspects of the Person Specification, which are detailed in the Job Description - within their Statement In Support Of Your Application. It would also be useful to know where you believe you would be best placed initially: in KS1, Lower KS2 or Upper KS2.
Further details – including a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification (along with an application form) are available from the school website: https://www.haltonlodge.co.uk/page/vacancies/127834 .
Alternatively please contact David McClelland (our School Business Manager).
Applications must be returned to the school by 9:30am on Thursday, 7th September 2023.
Short listed applicants will be invited to take part in a lesson observation and a more formal interview during the week beginning 11th September 2023.
Our school reopens on Monday 4th September. Candidates are invited to visit the school, to find out more about this vacancy on one of the following scheduled show arounds: Monday 4th September at 3:30pm or Wednesday 6th September at 9:30am.
Whilst we are looking for an immediate start, if at all possible, the school is aware that it may take a number of weeks for the necessary safeguarding and recruitment checks to take place, and for the successful candidate to work their period of notice.
Halton Lodge Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The appointment is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Halton Lodge Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful you will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service